Making place brands work
Place brands are a powerful tool to promote a place in an integrated and holistic way. Successful place brands are more than a creative execution or logo, they capture the unique essence of the place and need to be recognisable and adopted by local stakeholders. The benefits of the place branding process also extend beyond the creative execution. The process unites stakeholders and ensures a common understanding of a consistent narrative and key messages that can be used and leveraged across multiple stakeholder communications.
Our approach to Place Branding
Our place brand development process involves several key steps:
- Perceptions analysis
- Extensive consultation and discovery workshops with stakeholders including residents and community organisations, cultural and arts resources, indigenous and foreign businesses and local authorities and government.
- Development of a messaging framework to distil the unique assets
- The overall place proposition
- Creative development of the place brand
- Creative executions of the place brand and local sub-brands
- Development of brand guidelines
- Place brand launch